Chemical Peels in Houston, TX
Dr. Joseph Perlman offers chemical peels to patients throughout Spring, Houston, The Woodlands, Atascocita, Conroe, Pasadena, Baytown, and the surrounding areas.
What Are Chemical Peels?
Chemical peels are solutions that are applied to the skin in varying concentrations to treat surface damage. Most skin damage in the Houston area is due to the accumulated effects of the sun. Many of us in Texas were sun worshipers when we were younger, enjoying our tans but oblivious to the consequences. Now that we are older, we’re seeing the long-term effects. These include increased roughness, mottled pigmentation, loss of elasticity, and increased wrinkling.
Chemical peels in one form or another have been used as long ago as ancient Roman times, when women would apply soured wine to their skin. The chemical peels that we use today include glycolic acid, lactic acid, salicylic acid, and trichloroacetic acid. The type of acid and concentration applied varies as to how deep the damage is.
Advanced Plastic Surgery Centre attracts chemical peel patients from all across the Houston area, including Spring and The Woodlands. Our aesthetician, Marina Lopez, will evaluate your skin during your consultation to ascertain the best chemical peel for you. Chemical peels are sometimes performed as a sole treatment but can be used in combination with microdermabrasion or intense pulsed light (IPL) therapy.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Chemical Peel?
Some of the indications that you may be a good candidate for a chemical peel are as follows:
- Sun damage
- Finely wrinkled facial areas
- Uneven or discolored areas of pigmentation
You can discuss your concerns in more detail during your initial appointment at Advanced Plastic Surgery Centre. We will listen carefully to your goals for a chemical peel and answer any questions you may have about the procedure.
What Is the Process for a Chemical Peel?
Skin peeling involves an application of a chemical solution to sun-damaged, unevenly pigmented, and finely wrinkled skin. Chemical peels diminish imperfections by peeling away the skin’s top layers. It has proven to be a very popular nonsurgical cosmetic procedure.
Chemical peels vary according to their specific ingredients and their strength. Depth of peeling action may also depend on factors such as how long solutions remain on the skin and whether they are lightly applied or more heavily or vigorously applied.
Patients from Spring, The Woodlands, and other surrounding locales have several options for chemical peels in the Houston area. They include the following:
- Chemical Skin Peel: Light – A light chemical peel, also called a superficial peel, removes the outer layer of your skin cells, the epidermis. It gently exfoliates the skin with a combination of alphahydroxy acids (AHAs) and betahydroxy acids (BHAs). A light chemical peel takes a few minutes and ultimately leaves your skin with a healthy glow.
- Chemical Skin Peel: Medium – A medium-depth chemical peel penetrates further into the skin, removing cells from both the epidermis and the upper part of the dermis (the middle layer of your skin). The procedure, which takes a few minutes, can reduce small wrinkles and acne scars, as well as even out skin color and tone. A medium chemical peel typically involves trichloroacetic acid (TCA), sometimes in combination with glycolic acid (a BHA).
- Chemical Skin Peel: Deep (Phenol) – A deep chemical peel, or phenol peel, is the strongest chemical peel. It is reserved for individuals with deep wrinkles from sun exposure or is used to treat skin wrinkling around the lips and chin area. A deep chemical peel consists of phenol, a strong TCA that penetrates the lower dermal layer of your skin, diminishing sun damage, uneven pigmentation, or coarse wrinkles. A deep chemical peel solution may be left on for 30 minutes or more.
What Are Chemical Peel Costs?
How much you pay for a chemical peel will depend on what type of procedure you have. An evaluation at Advanced Plastic Surgery Centre is the best way to determine chemical peel prices. We can assess your skin’s damage and then guide you toward the chemical peel that is right for you. There are many ways to pay for your surgery. Visit our finance page to learn more.
When you work with Advanced Plastic Surgery Centre, you will be treated with warmth and respect. We will make sure you are well-informed about chemical peels so you can make the best decision for you. We are proud to offer chemical peels to patients in Spring, Houston, The Woodlands, Atascocita, Conroe, Pasadena, and Baytown. Please schedule a consultation and discover why we have a reputation for providing meticulous, compassionate care.
At The Advanced Plastic Surgery Centre, Dr. Joseph Perlman offers plastic and reconstructive surgery to patients across Texas including Spring, Houston, The Woodlands, Atascocita, Conroe, Pasadena, and Baytown. Contact The Advanced Plastic Surgery Centre office today to schedule your chemical peel consultation!August 18, 2013