Forehead Lifts in Houston, TX
Dr. Joseph Perlman offers forehead lifts to patients throughout Spring, Houston, The Woodlands, Atascocita, Conroe, Pasadena, Baytown, and the surrounding areas.
What Is a Forehead Lift?
A forehead lift, also known as a brow lift, is often performed to treat conditions associated with aging. These include creases across the forehead or high on the bridge of the nose, frown lines, and a sagging brow. A forehead lift can also be appropriate for some inherited traits, such as a low brow, or wrinkles caused by stress or overactive muscles.
With more than 25 years of experience in the Houston area, Dr. Joseph M. Perlman has discussed forehead lifts with thousands of men and women from Spring, The Woodlands, and elsewhere. His medical team at Advanced Plastic Surgery Centre welcomes you for a scheduled visit to learn more information about the procedure.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Forehead Lift?
Any one or combination of the following conditions may indicate that you are a good candidate for a forehead lift:
- Sagging or low position of the eyebrows, creating a tired or sad appearance
- Deep, horizontal creases across the forehead
- Frown lines, or furrows, between the eyebrows and sometimes across the top of the nose
A brow lift can improve all of these problems. The operation is often performed at the same time as a facelift, which removes excess skin and tightens muscles in the mid- and lower face. If there is significant skin overhang in the upper eyelids or puffy bags beneath your eyes, eyelid surgery may be recommended, in addition to a forehead lift.
What Is the Process for a Forehead Lift?
When you undergo a forehead lift, you will be placed under general anesthesia or intravenous sedation. The techniques for a brow lift include the following:
- Endoscopic — Dr. Perlman will create a handful of small incisions along your hairline. He will then insert an endoscope (a surgical video device) and other special instruments into the cuts so he can manipulate or remove the tissue and muscle beneath the skin. The endoscopic method is a less-invasive option for correcting the source of visible creases and furrows in the forehead.
- Coronal — This type of forehead lift can pinpoint specific regions of the brow. It usually requires an ear-to-ear incision either behind or in front of your hairline. Dr. Perlman will lift the forehead and remove excess skin from the scalp.
- Lateral Anterior Hairline Lift — This lift is designed to raise the lateral portion of the eyebrow.
- Direct Forehead Lift — Forehead skin is excised in a deep transverse wrinkle. This is used for men with receding hair lines and deep forehead furrows.
- Transblepharoplasty Brow Lift — For someone who needs a very slight brow lift, this lift raises the eyebrow using the upper eyelid crease incision.
The best method for you will ultimately be a decision between you and your forehead lift specialist. Dr. Perlman has vast experience advising men and women from Spring, The Woodlands, and various Houston-area locales on the benefits of a brow lift. Please schedule a consultation with him today so you can determine if a forehead lift is right for you.
What Does Recovery Entail After a Forehead Lift?
Once you have completed a forehead lift, you will experience swelling and bruising. This will gradually subside, leaving smoother skin and a more youthful appearance. Individuals who undergo a coronal lift will usually require a longer recovery period than those whose surgery was endoscopic. Most forehead lift patients can go back to work in about a week.
You can rest assured that Dr. Perlman and his staff will give you detailed information on how to care for yourself after a forehead lift. We will set up a series of appointments to follow your progress and make sure you are properly healing. Whether you live in Spring, Houston, The Woodlands, or the surrounding area, we will keep a close eye on you from beginning to end of your surgery process.
Can I See Forehead Lift Before and After Photos?
Visual evidence is often the most effective proof of a surgery’s validity. For that reason, you should make sure to inspect some forehead lift before and after pictures. This will help you see the nuances of the procedure so you can truly gauge its effectiveness. Dr. Perlman will be more than pleased to show you his forehead lift before and after photos during your preliminary consultation.
What Are Forehead Lift Costs?
Brow lifts vary in cost, depending on each individual case. Dr. Perlman and his Advanced Plastic Surgery Centre team will be happy to detail your forehead lift prices during your private consultation. We are dedicated to being open and honest about all aspects of the procedure. There are many ways to pay for your surgery. Visit our finance page to learn more.
When you work with Advanced Plastic Surgery Centre, you will be treated with warmth and respect. We will make sure you are well-informed about forehead lifts so you can make the best decision for you. We are proud to offer forehead lifts to patients in Spring, The Woodlands, Atascocita, Conroe, Pasadena, Baytown, and other places near Houston and beyond. Please schedule a consultation with us today and discover why we have a reputation for providing meticulous, compassionate care.
At The Advanced Plastic Surgery Centre, Dr. Joseph Perlman offers plastic and reconstructive surgery to patients across Texas including Spring, Houston, The Woodlands, Atascocita, Conroe, Pasadena, and Baytown. Contact The Advanced Plastic Surgery Centre office today to schedule your forehead lifts consultation!August 18, 2013