miraDry® in Houston, TX
Dr. Joseph Perlman offers miraDry® to free patients throughout Spring, Houston, The Woodlands, Atascocita, Conroe, Pasadena, Baytown, and the surrounding areas of the bothersome problems caused by underarm sweat.
What is miraDry®?
miraDry® is a noninvasive, quick, and revolutionary procedure that provides patients with a permanent solution for embarrassing underarm sweat and odor. This FDA-approved treatment can also eliminate the need for deodorants and antiperspirants that often contain harmful toxins such as lead. miraDry® is a safe, nonsurgical procedure that saves patients the time, hassle, and money associated with excessive sweating, such as the constant need for new clothing due to unsightly sweat stains. The procedure uses controlled microwave to destroy underarm sweat glands and provide dramatic and lasting results. miraDry® is so effective because it tackles the underlying cause of excess sweating and allows patients to confidently lift their arms without worrying about what moisture or odor is hiding underneath.
Benefits of miraDry®
miraDry® is a treatment that can satisfy a variety of patient goals. Results tend to vary from patient to patient, but the typical benefits of miraDry® treatments include:
- Elimination of the underarm sweat and odor glands
- A noticeable and dramatic reduction in underarm sweat and odor in as little as one treatment
- A noninvasive approach that requires little to no downtime or changes in your daily routine
- Minimal discomfort during the treatment process
- The freedom to go straight from the gym to work or other engagements without showering or changing
- The ability to lead a natural, toxin-free lifestyle
- No more chalky white deodorant residue or stains
- The ability to stay clean, confident, and carefree forever
What is the Procedure for miraDry®?
miraDry® is a quick, in-office procedure that usually takes no more than an hour to complete. We will mark the treatment area with a customized pattern based on the location of your sweat glands and numb it with a local anesthesia. The handpiece is then placed against the underarm skin following the custom treatment marks. miraDry® is then activated, and a vacuum suction within the handpiece stabilizes the skin as it draws the sweat glands closer to the skin’s surface for elimination. Microwave energy is then delivered through the underarm skin and tissues where it precisely penetrates the sweat glands. A cooling system runs simultaneously to protect the surrounding skin and tissues and keep the electromagnetic pulses focused on the sweat glands. The microwave gradually heat and destroy the sweat glands, and since they do not grow back, results are immediate and permanent.
Preparing for miraDry®
You must shave your underarms at least four days prior to treatment, and you should avoid deodorant or any antiperspirants on the day of treatment to prevent any interference during the procedure and maximize your results. Wear a comfortable, loose fitting top on the day of treatment to minimize discomfort after the procedure. Our nurse will inject local anesthesia and our aesthetician will also discuss any special requirements according to your individual needs or goals during your initial consultation. Set aside one to two hours of time on the day of your procedure for the entire treatment process.
Most patients resume their normal daily activities or work schedule immediately after the miraDry® procedure. Swelling, tenderness and/or soreness around the treatment site is fairly common after treatment, but these symptoms tend to be mild and usually subside within several days. You can apply ice to the treatment area and take over-the-counter pain medications to manage any discomfort. Some patients may need follow-up or maintenance treatments over the course of several months to a few years to maintain their results. Dr. Perlman will determine the ideal course of treatment according to your personal needs, lifestyle and desired outcome, and he’ll develop a personalized care and treatment plan during your initial consult.
- Apply ice to each underarm in 20 minutes on/20 minutes off intervals for up to 24 to 48 hours after treatment.
- Keep the treatment area and the underarms clean
- Avoid vigorous activities for a few days
Is miraDry® Right for Me?
miraDry® has been cleared by the FDA for its safety and efficacy in treating excessive underarm sweating. Candidacy for miraDry® treatment depends on the overall health and medical history of each patient, so everyone is not an ideal candidate for this procedure. However, Dr. Perlman will happily discuss your candidacy during a complimentary consultation if you experience:
- Excessive and embarrassing armpit sweating and odor.
- Dissatisfaction from ineffective deodorants and antiperspirants that often contain harmful lead chemicals.
- Unsightly sweat stains that destroy your clothing and force you to spend more on laundry and new clothes.
- A busy schedule that doesn’t allow for time to shower and change between the gym, work, and other social engagements.
- The desire to be permanently free from underarm sweat and odor.
How Much Does miraDry® Cost?
MiraDry treatment is priced at $1995. Most patients need a single treatment. Any follow-up treatments cost $500-$1000. Speak with one of our experts at Advanced Plastic Surgery Centre to learn more about the cost of miraDry®. Dr. Perlman offers financing options to all of our patients.
Dr. Joseph Perlman https://plus.google.com/107984797262526016081?rel=author
At The Advanced Plastic Surgery Centre, Dr. Joseph Perlman offers plastic and reconstructive surgery to patients across Texas including Spring, Houston, The Woodlands, Atascocita, Conroe, Pasadena, and Baytown. Contact The Advanced Plastic Surgery Centre office today to schedule your miraDry® consultation!August 18, 2016